Monday, February 26, 2007

Grilling Log (Glog)

Last week I grilled twice and I count both successful. First, polish sausage. Simple, yet delicious. Next time I will watch them closer so they don't rupture before I pull them. They were still juicy, but could have been more.
Second, three "New York" Strip Steaks. I used quotation marks because these were not the premium. They were 3.99 a pound, but they turned out perfecto. Of course, they were med rare (real med rare). Luckily, there were three steaks, and only two of us (grown-ups) eating. So, I had the task of eating two whole steaks. I ate two mainly because I was so hungry, but also because I had eaten almost half of one of them before we even sat down to dinner (this is because I love the steak right off the grill). Also, I ate them two because while there is nothing like a hot, freshly grilled steak, a cold, refrigerated two-day old steak does not appeal to me even when I'm hungry. So unless I eat it fresh, it will probably sit in the frig. All together though, I wasn't too disappointed about having to eat two steaks.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I would like to eat two steaks. Unfortunately, the closest thing to steak that I have is bacon bits.

The Reimbursor said...

I was eating some steak, but then the guy woke up.