Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A Tale of Two Movies

I watched two movies in the recent past. The first one was Around the World in 80 Days, with Jackie Chan. If you haven't seen it and you are in need of some bizarre, unexpected humor. Try this movie. It reminded me of Shaolin Soccer at times, because it so strange, but funny. I wouldn't buy it, but it is wierd.

And tonite I watched Shaun of the Dead, the british pseudo-spoof of zombie movies. I say pseudo-spoof because it wasn't like Spaceballs, but it also wasn't your typical zombie movie. It wasn't for everyone though, if you know what I mean. There was one really gory scene, but it was hard to be disgusted because I was laughing so hard. I guess that in England they cuss more too.

As far as recommendations go if you want to watch a somewhat strange movie you could watch either of these. If you want to watch it with your kids, or roommates go for Around the World. If you are by yourself try Shaun, but not in the dark because even though Shaun gets to beat on zombie with a cricket bat they would still be creepy all alone in the dark.

1 comment:

Jules said...

While we're talking about weird movies, Napoleon Dynamite is a weird movie. I wouldn't buy it, but it is weird.