Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Are you gellin?

I can't stand to be 'gellin'. In fact I will never buy those things because of the ridiculous nature of the advertisements. If Dr. Scholl thinks he can pander to me with some catchy cutsie stupid rhyming commercial he is definitely dumb. But I was thinking that bloggers could use the same type of advertising effectively, if properly written of course. Observe this specimen:

Our scene opens with two yuppie well dressed men who just got in a fender bender, but are in surprising good moods despite their obvious predicament.

They both say: "I'll write this down, when I'm bloggin'"

Upon hearing the other, they both smile winningly at each other.

The dark haired racially obscure man (dhrom) says, "Wow, I think I hit my noggin'" and rubs his head.

The light haired obviously white man(lhowm) says, "Did you do it when you were joggin'?"

dhrom: "No dumbhead, my cereal was soggin'
So I left to get some more egg noggin'.
But then you hit my stationwaggin'
Now I'm gonna give you a floggin'"

lhowm: "Whoa, now don't go doggin'
I was just leaving to go loggin'
But now, I'll get my shotggin'"

dhrom: "Hey, hey I was just playggin'
Let's go play some Froggin'"

lhown: "Then we can do some Bloggin'!!"

They both jump in the air with one hand toward the sky and then in mid air freeze frame, and add sound byte "BY MENNEN"

The End

Well there may be some plot holes, but you get the picture. I figure if it works for my brother the doctor Scholl, it'll work for anyone.


6 comments:

Jules said...

Do you even try to hide your sleep deprivation? Where's the Reimburser?

The Reimbursor said...

The guys in the gellin' commercial are Tories.

Jules said...

Why do you hate my blog?

The Reimbursor said...

Because it's not gellin'.

Jules said...

You remember that time when you called me? That was awesome except for the part where you DIDN'T CALL ME, blog-hating slacker.

The Reimbursor said...

Something tells me smeagol isn't Jellin'