Thursday, August 05, 2004

The Sausage King of Chicago

One of the many complaints I have about programming on TBS and a few other syndicated networks is the number of commercials interupting a perfectly good movie like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I happened to watch that last night, and there were so many commercials that a movie that is less than 2 hours normally took over 2 and a half to watch. And there was the added insult of having to watch repeated ads for Sex and the City.

On the brightside the movie was awesome. It was made even more enjoyable when I found out they were using the same dubbed version they played when I was a kid. So when Ferris is talking to the camera near the end about Cameron's love prospects, and concludes, "You can't respect someone who licks your boots." That is exactly what you hear even in our modern age when I'm sure they say similar things undubbed on the WB, and UPN, and ESPN, and MSNBC. Well you get the picture: it's nice somethings don't change.

Also I'd like to officially nominate Ferris Bueller's Day Off for, "Great (Now Older) Movie that if Remade Would Suck". I hope that puts to rest all of the Harry Potter/ Ferris Bueller spinoff talk I've hearing. And no Hermione does not end up with Cameron, or Charlie Sheen.

No comments: