Monday, August 23, 2004

Has anyone else seen LadyHawke?

I watched Ladyhawke last night for the first time. Now I know that for some people this movie has achieved a certain status because they watched it as kids, but as an impartial viewer I have to rate it, "It's not to bad." By that I mean there were some good parts, and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't think it was too dumb.
I also watched Tombstone. As I have seen it before I don't think I need to tell anyone that it is a good movie. I was surprised to see so many other actors that have been in other big movies in small parts in Tombstone. I guess that I dismissed some of the predictability of the movie because I already knew the story. The major flaw in the movie is the conversations with the actress. I find it hard to believe that a man like Wyatt Earp would be seduced by such 'high school' notions of "I just want to have fun for the rest of my life and order room service". Anyway, I like the movie, it was one Val Kilmer's best, except Top Secret, which by the way came out in 1984, and I had thought it was from the 70's this whole time.

3 comments:

Jules said...

That's because you're stuck in the 70's. Totally stuck.

The Reimbursor said...

Well, Smeagol is stuck in the Third Age.

The Reimbursor said...

Oh yeah, and Ladykillerz is a pretty sweetbees movie.