Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Sisters Recommend/ Disney Hijinx

The last two books that I read were recommended me by my sister. I think that we are of an age that it is no longer requisite that I put whether she was my older or younger sister anymore. We are both, well we are all adults now. As I was saying, she recommended Frankenstein, and About A Boy, and both books were very good. The later is moving up my list of most enjoyable books I've ever read, and the former is "one ripping good yarn".

Also I am leaving in a couple of hours for the great outdoors, but I haven't packed yet, or eaten breakfast. While sitting this morning I realized that The Jungle Book might be the best Disney movie, or possibly Aladdin, but the songs are definitely better in The Jungle Book. The best song is the one that the monkeys sing about 'man's red fire', and when they start dancing I just loose it. It seems to me that it is an early, better version of the hakuna matata song in The Lion King. I don't know why I always correlate them, it might be the gibberish, or the jungle. Anyway, I have to take the 'secret of man's red fire' on my camping trip or I won't be able to eat the fish I catch. I think it will fit in my backpack.

5 comments:

The Reimbursor said...

Woo hoo hoo. I wanna be like you hoo hoo. I wanna walk like you WOO Talk like you Woo hoo...In other news, I would like to recognize Frumix.

Jules said...

I have another book for you to read. It's called "Miss Suzy" and is a tale of high drama involving heroic soldiers and house theft.

The Reimbursor said...

Hey Smeagol, have you seen Underworld? Hey Frumix, have you seen The Black Cauldron? That's the best Don Bluth animation ever. But what is Gurgi exactly?

The Reimbursor said...

Walkin on, walkin on broken glass

The Reimbursor said...

My favorite disney movie is The Cat from Outer Space or Conan the Barbarian.