Monday, August 02, 2004

The Willage

In Ukraine if you a Ukrainian trying to learn English and if you need to describe for someone where you live, and if that place is outside the city, you would say: "I libe n zee willage." So, I dedicate this post to Ukraine.

Which brings me to my next point: The Willage by M. Donnie Darko Shaman-man was surprising. Right before we went into the theatre I decided that I wasn't really expecting much, (which is the key to enjoying any movie these days), but what I got was a really good movie. I especially enjoyed the two main characters, and more especially the girl. I don't want to give it away about the indians, but the "mythical, mystical, ultra scary creatures" were a good controlled part of the movie. Having seen all of Mr Shaman-man's movies I now realize that his movies are never really horror movies. They are disguised as suspenseful, horror type movies but usually end up being a human interest story, and that is the more intriguing part anyway. The Willage was no different, much to the dismay of almost the whole audience who obviously went in expecting to be scared, and they were, but the got much more than that. For a 15 year old boy who sat behind me that was too much for him and he couldn't restrain his comments which just about got his ass kicked. And which did get my empty box of Reese's Pieces thrown at him, HAHAHA, he never knew.
Anyway, it was an engaging movie, I enjoyed the cast.

No comments: