Friday, October 29, 2004

I said profanity today. Loud.

I walked to work tonight from Borders where I dropped off the car for my wife. I enjoy the walk because I can put on my headphones and just zone on some Tom Petty. Tonite was a nice night for a walk. It was about 10:45 and I could see the snow-covered mountains clearly even under the overcast. Anyway, so I'm walking listening to Petty, and all of a sudden as a walk past bushes I feel, what I think to be paws push on my arm. At the same time I heard through the music what I took to be a bark, or growl. I jumped, and sprang forward a couple of quick steps and turned around, thinking I would be face to face with a large dog. It wasn't a dog at all, it was a stupid punk kid (probably middle school), dressed all in black with a Scream mask on. I was still tense and on edge from being startled, and he started laughing. I don't really know what came over me, but I looked right at the kid with my eyes still wide and pointed my finger at him, then in a very firm loud voice I said, "F*$^ YOU, DUDE!". While I was saying this I became aware that my face felt funny, like I was making a wierd expression. It felt like my chin was tightly flexed; afterwards all I could think of was Harrison Ford when he has something serious and urgent to say. Well anyay, the kid didn't respond, and I kind of came to my senses and shook my head and said, "S*&%, Man!". The kid bolted at that, and I stared for a minute, still dazed, before I turned and finished my walk to work.

There is no other news.

1 comment:

Jules said...

How long did the Harrison Ford face last?