Tuesday, October 26, 2004

La Isla Bonita

The word on the street is that the eighties are back. At least that's what Guy Spangler told me on his "music program" last night around 3 AM. His "program" ended with an offer to sell me several CD's filled with classic eighties hits. It was tempting, but then I remembered that I wouldn't have to worry about buying another CD in my life if it hadn't been for those nasty record execs that shutdown Napster. Obviously I got angry and turned off the TV and swore off the eighties and their hair bands.

I decided that having money is not nearly as fun as having stuff, so I've decided to spend every last cent I have on some sort of souvenir, novelty, or party trick. Or fake dog poop.

This isn't the Howard Johnson.

4 comments:

Jules said...

I enjoy the 80's. What I do not enjoy is the current 80's comeback. You can't repeat an era after it's over! A repeated era is just a messy, vomited version of the real thing.

You can, however, watch and enjoy I Love the 80's.

The Reimbursor said...

The eighties is a grit

Jules said...

I always thought a grit was a singular element to "grits" but you confuse me by frequently referring to others things/people/eras as a "grit." Is this Brit trash slang?

Tyler said...

The Reimbursor is a Brit, not a grit .