Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The adventures of Plastic-Manufacturer Man

So, I finally got a job and so I could be just like my brother, I made it a temp job.  Unfortunately mine doesn't pay as well as his, and it's not filled with as much time to blog, or a desk, or anything cool for that matter.  I'm in plastics now, well I was today.  Just some things I wanted to share with everyone who is not in.  (Plastics I mean.)  The number one rule is:  when the plastic first comes out of the machine it is hot and bendy so don't touch it right away, or OUCHY.  Next:  People in plastics never smile at each other.  I realized this when an asian girl walked past me to grab a chair, and I smiled because she was invading my work area and she didn't do anything.  I thought it might have been because I was the 'new temp' but then I realized that nobody had said anything to me the whole time I'd been there.  The third rule of plastics is: that you should find out how much you are going to make while working at a temp job because you just might be making $6.50 an hour and not even know it. 

Well, in other parts of the plastic business, I got help with injection mold plastic manufacturing.  I say helping because of the last sentence of the former paragraph, and I really can't call that legitimate work.  It was pretty interesting at first, I got to scrap off the little pieces of plastic left on the molds of cup holders.  Then I got to put the cup holders in a box.  Then I got to do again,... and again.  Then I got to that same thing all day long.  It might seem boring, but plastic is fun.  It's kind of like metal, and thought brought me back to my metal collecting days.  Ah metal, mmm metal, a stick of metal.

 

2 comments:

The Reimbursor said...

I have some bits of metal I've found on the side of the road that I've been meaning to give you.

Jules said...

You know what's better than metal rods? A good old carbon rod. Yep, carbon's the trick.