Wednesday, July 28, 2004

In Retrospect

I remember this one time when I was younger my mom made pizza.  I think she wanted to give the sauce some flavor, so she added spices.  Unfortunately, the spices had some larger pieces in it.  I can't remember if I ate it or not, but I do remember calling the spices 'wood'.  I don't know why this makes me feel bad now.  I was just a kid, but I have a lot of memories of being a complete jackass when someone was trying to do something good for me.  I remember asking her the next time she was making pizza if she was going to put 'wood' on it this time. 

So speaking of pruning, I was pruning today for a couple of hours and I was thinking of all my experience pruning.  Then I remembered this one time when my little brother, bless his heart, was asked to prune the palm tree in our front yard in CA.  It was one of those miniature ones so even though he was young at the time he could still get to the fronds.  I don't remember seeing him do the actual work, but I remember driving up to the house and seeing a bald palm tree.  There wasn't a frond left.  Even now when someone says flat top I think of that tree.  On the flip side or the flip mode the tree lived, at least until we moved.   It actually made quite good progress, more than it was making with the fronds.  So Huzzah!

2 comments:

The Reimbursor said...

Hey man, they told me to do that. What else does pruning mean if not to remove every last branch?

Jules said...

I also remember certain "woody" kind of ingredients. I, however, called them "little greeny things."