Tuesday, July 27, 2004

It's PEOPLE!!

I was just reminecsinthth about old times with the one of the cats that I live with.  (By cat I mean a real cat, not an unusually cool person).  It was brought up by the cat that although we all have seperate memories, there are events that everyone who is present remembers almost the same way.  So I brought up an example about my younger sister. 

"It was a humid southern afternoon, in Huntsville Alabama, in 1988.  We were gathered as a family around the kitchen table to enjoy some of my mother's excellent homecooking.  This day we were having sandwiches on delicious home-made bread, I don't remember what kind of sandwiches, its not really important, but I do know they wasn't any honey on them, or anything sticky for that matter.  Well, the story goes that as we were all eating these scruptous sandwiches, my brother, my other sister, and my youngest sister, and although I don't remember my parents being there, but I'm sure my mom was around the kitchen, something happened which the bread did not expect. 

There was a cry heard around the table.  We all looked around, shocked out of our pleasureful dining experience.  At first we thought it might have come from the neighbors house, but we soon realized that it originated with one of our own.  My youngest sister was in a crisis; tears, sobbing, mumbling strange words while chewing.  I don't know how long it took, but finally through her innane babble we we were able to decipher one thing, "Crumbly, my bread is crumbly."  Naturally, we were concerned and quickly looked at her bread, which if the truth be told, was crumbly.  We acted immediately to diffuse such a tense situation.  We called for our mother, and then much to our chagrin we began laughing, and laughing and laughing."

Now as I write this story it really isn't very funny, except to us I think, but oh well, it's a family story, and I want it passed down the generations.  And as I was saying about memories, I'm sure no one who was present would disagree that this is exactly what happened.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Have you ever heard the phrase "some stories should never be passed on"? I have. I think you have too.

The Reimbursor said...

Well, you know what they say: Sometimes bread stories need to be posted on the internet.