Saturday, July 10, 2004

came with the frame

So here I sit wondering about things. "Good Morning", I say, "Can I get you the paper?". "Fine weather we're having, don't you think sir." Well, I was just watching a movie and it was actually good, which somewhat of a novelty thwse days considering. It was the Usual Suspects, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes swearing, and a really good plot. And killing.

A good movie, but the real action is in my life. It all started a couple of weeks ago when I went in to Borders- (Books and Coffee), to see what was happening, and to pick my wife up from work, (she works at Borders). Well she wasn't quite ready to go, she was busy mixing a yummy orange mocha frapacino. So as I was wandering around I got the urge to use the bathroom. I walked towards the back of the store, and saw the metal detector things and took a quick left and then another left into the restroom. When I opened the door I was taken aback to see a woman in the restroom I was entering. Thinking perhaps she was the cleaning person, or somehow in the wrong I said "Excuse me", and kept looking at her, until I felt inclined to state as a question, "This is the women's restroom?". A quick nod and I was gone, into the opposite door, the right door which was labelled "MEN".

So now we come to this day, when once again as I was wandering around Borders, I felt the urge to utilize the restroom. So I walked back towards the back of the store, saw the 'loss-prevention' devices, took a left, then another quick left, and strolled into an empty restroom, where I noticed as I passed in a hurry, that there were an inordinate number of stalls for a men's restroom. Alas, I had no time dwell on that thought, as I made use of one the stalls. I washed my hands, and pulled the door open just as another person was pushing on it. Another person, who looked at me rather strangely, then quickly looked at the sign beside the door that said "WOMEN".

Of course, I said excuse me, then just hoped she thought I was the cleaning person in kakhi's with a cuff and crease.

1 comment: