Thursday, July 29, 2004

Unemployment Is Best In Life

Most days I just feel kind of lazy.  I mean its 9:23 in the AM and I'm sitting in pajama pants in the kitchen typing a blog, what kind of life is that?  Fortunately my wife earns some money to support my lifestyle, but there are days when I remember that it was good to work.  Those are the days when I watch a couple of movies before 1 o'clock in the afternoon, and then get a headache from so much TV.  I enjoy just walking around the house too, it adds the illusion that someday I might do something. 
Of course, I play with the animals, because you can not feel guilty about being lazy while you are petting a cat, or watching the dog go to the bathroom.   What would that animal be doing without you?  YOU are useful.
The worst part of unemployment is the long afternoons, when you sit down to read a good book, or comic book, and fall asleep for a while.  Who knows how long, time is not really measured when you have no job.  Then its time to go pick up your wife from work, and when she asks you what you did today you can't really remember doing anything.  Its then that I think I'd be better off being "Food for wolve".

1 comment:

The Reimbursor said...

Time really is not measured when you don't have a job. I remember one week when I thought it was tuesday, but it was really friday. Man, that was weird.